Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Impending Service Interruptus



Today may finally be the day when my wife, Arlynda, loses her job as a claims processor for [United Healthcare].  Be assured that it has been a long time possibly coming.  In fact, she has been on “final warning” status several times since last January on account of her own steadily declining health condition, but the company kept allowing her (naturally-speaking, of course) to move to a different team that was assigned a different task in the process, which would start the clock all over again.  So, regardless of just how much the powers that be at the company are truly aware of the part that they have been playing in our Heavenly Father’s plans for us, they certainly cannot be held in any disdain over expecting their employees to perform at a certain level.

Anyway, United Healthcare has been paying for our internet connection since they let her start working from home, and with the service actually being in their name, along with consideration being given to the sensitivity of the information she regularly handles, I fully expect our connection to be severed very soon (if not immediately) upon the completion of the final determination of her employment status, which could come at any time during the next few hours.  Needless to say, with me being such a wonderful person in every way, shape and form, I did not want to leave any of you wondering what may have happened after noticing that I have stopped publishing “stuff.”  Hence, the reason for this rather melodramatic notification.

No, I do not expect to be offline for very long, but considering the fact that customer satisfaction is as high on [Mediacom’s] list of corporate priorities as it is on most of the other cable companies’ lists, it may take several days before they get over here to set things up again.  Ironically, this will actually be saving us a bunch of money.  For as we are getting another internet connection in our name again, we will be also putting our cable television service in our name again.  Alas, it is a long stupid story about how we came to have to put it in Arlynda’s mother’s name when we first moved to where we have been living for the last six years or so, but suffice to say that we will all be very happy to finally be able to get it straightened out…we hope.

Yeah, I may have done went and really lost my mind this time.  For the change in our cable service is not the only thing that I am actually looking forward to.  For I have got it in my head that Arlynda will be allowed and enabled to make it fairly big in the blogosphere, along with some other possible avenues for financial income opening up for us to travel.

Nonetheless, it is going to be some very tough sledding for at least a little while.  For aside from what little [S.S.I.] provides us, we will be losing our own health insurance, and I am most definitely not looking forward to becoming so personally acquainted with what [Obamacare] has to offer so soon.  Still…


***UPDATE***
7:00 p.m. CDT October 9, 2012
Well, I don’t know what to tell you.  For she participated in the scheduled phone conference with her bosses and the rest of the team she is currently on, and after it was over, which is when she expected her main boss to break the news, nothing was said either way.  So, I will keep on keeping on until someone has the plug pulled.


Morning After
Maureen McGovern
There's got to be a morning after
If we can hold on through the night
We have a chance to find the sunshine
Let's keep on lookin’ for the light
Oh can't you see the morning after
It's waiting right outside the storm
Why don't we cross the bridge together
And find a place that's safe and warm

It's not too late
We should be giving
Only with love can we climb
It's not too late
Not while we're living
Let's put our hands out in time

There's got to be a morning after
We're moving closer to the shore
I know we'll be there by tomorrow
And we'll escape the darkness
We won't be searchin’ anymore

There's got to be a morning after
There's got to be a morning after
There's got to be a morning after
There's got to be a morning after
There's got to be a morning after
There's got to be a morning after
There's got to be a morning after
There's got to be a morning after
There's got to be a morning after
There's got to be a morning after
There’s got to be a morning after

Lyrics From: [Oldies Lyrics]

Please Also Visit:
[AsTheCrackerheadCrumbles]
and

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Hi Jerry,
Sounds like the Lord has some changes in store for you, which can only be good eh? Look foreward to seeing you back on the blogging soon, and hope you are not disconnected too long. Nice song, nice lyrics.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Brenda!!! With the news currently being no news, I do not know if this is good news or not (naturally-speaking, of course). For I do not want her to have to keep working at her current job on account of how much she is hurting, but neither one of us want to lose the income, nor the health insurance. I really wish He would be more forthcoming at times. (LOL?)

Brenda said...

Jerry,
I have discovered in my own walk, that there is purpose in all things He brings across our path and whether it be calm or storm, if we keep our eyes on Him we will be fine.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Brenda!!! Yes, that is indeed true, but it is critical to understand that this does not mean that we will be fine in accordance to what fine is considered to be in the eyes of this world. Just look at the lives that His prophets and apostles were given to live for an example. Tragically, this has been ignored by far too many in the Christian community, which has greatly added to the confusion concerning our Heavenly Father and the righteousness of all of His most awesome ways.

Relax Max said...

I suppose no news is good news, as they say. I hope you get a break one way or the other.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Max!!! Yeah, I wanting my cake and to be able to eat it too here. For I don't want her to work for them anymore on account of how hard it has become for her, but I sure want the income and the health insurance coverage. Be assured that this is one of those situations where I have a hard time agreeing with what our Heavenly Father says is best until He lets me more in on what He is doing. Nope, I really ain't very good at walking by faith.