Wednesday, May 2, 2012

President Obama's Osama Ad


When I first heard about the Republican uproar over that ad, I thought that they were just playing politics with the truth by claiming that President Obama didn’t really have all that much to do with finally tracking down and killing Osama bin Laden.  When I actually saw the ad, I realized that the Republicans do have a point.  For there was no reason to take that shot at Mitt Romney other than playing a little politics, themselves.

Yes, ‘tis the season, and I hate it with every fiber of my being.  After all, wouldn’t it have been enough to just emphasize that our president stayed on the course that had been laid out before he took office, and that we can trust that he will not shy away from making tough decisions when the security of our nation is at stake without making any mention of Romney’s ever-changing positions?

Alas, oh how I wish playing politics wasn’t so acceptable in our society.  For it’s like saying, “Nothing personal—just business as usual,” when all of us should take the way our leaders conduct themselves very personally.

Please Also Visit:
and
[FishHawk Droppings]

0 comments: