Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Good Example of Trusting In God


Last week, I published a little piece about [Greene Country, Missouri] adding In God We Trust to the seal.  Today, I would like to point to something that might help you understand my cynicism.  For it was just announced that there would be two less books made available through the [Republic High School Library].

Yes, it is true that removing [Slaughterhouse-Five] and [Twenty Boy Summer] was a decision made solely by the Republic R-III school board, but it still serves a good example of what far too many around here have been led to believe. For when a good Christian in this area proclaims that they trust in God, they are almost always talking about the condition of their soul—not the course of their daily life.

No, that is not only found around here. For it has been widely taught that we are pretty much on our own in this world. Granted, our Heavenly Father has given us His Holy Bible to serve as a book of instruction, but in regards to actually being an active participate in our daily lives, He will not interfere with our freewill. Therefore, it is up to us to protect our children from evil influences, and removing books from our school libraries is certainly an option that should be exercised when necessary.

So, does this mean that what Christ Jesus said was merely wishful thinking? For it is written: “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.” [John 10:27-30 NIV]

Please Also Visit:
and

0 comments: